Saturday, March 7, 2009

vacuumusing

I love to vacuum. It not only fulfills my need for a sense of accomplishment but it also satifisfies the slightly OCD side of my personality. I mean, think about it...we can go into a room with a dirt-speckled floor, push a medium weight machine on wheels around the room for a few minutes (maybe stopping once or twice to move furniture, pick up toys, etc), and voila!...the dirt-speckled floor is clean, mission accomplished. You see: maximum accomplishment, minimal effort.

Now, if you are like me, because this task requires such minimal effort and requires almost no brain activity, I often find my mind wandering...pondering deep thoughts that otherwise would remain floating out there somewhere in the universe. Maybe the great leaders of our world could solve all of the problems that plague this wonderful planet of ours...if they just did more vacuuming. Hmmm, just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment